I never liked the way I did the bathroom in my Haunted/Hallowe'en House, so I decided it was time to fix it. The above photo shows it "gutted"
After a lot of searching for the right wallpaper, I decide to make my own and print it out myself.
I referred to designs other people had done, but I didn't want to do a blatant rip off......so I did what you see here. It's the "bat-room". (groan)
I filled in the gap left by squaring the interior from the Mansard roof with an exposed lathe and plaster effect. I still have to weather it a bit....it's too clean looking.
Of course I used my favorite Chrysnbon kit for the bathroom fixtures as well.
I just received a kit from a friend who is too busy working on her other kits to ever get around to building this one....so I have eagerly begun it. It's the Alison Jr. by Real Good Toys. It's the MDF version...which I would personally never choose again in the future because I hate working with MDF. The only advantage it has is the clapboards are milled directly into the exterior walls.
Here I was using anything in the house that had some weight to it to clamp the parts down as the glue set. I ended up using Weldbond, which is a wonderful, Canadian product.
I decided to do quite a few customizations....such as the dormer windows. I didn't like the perfect symmetry of the ones that came with the kit.....so I filled in their holes and cut a new hole for the dormer window I bought.