Thursday, January 1, 2009

Playing With Photoshop

On Christmas Day we went to Rich's brother's house in Flesherton Ontario. On the way there, we always pass this sad yet fascinating old abandoned house which I have been meaning to photograph for a couple of years now. Well, this time I had my camera with me and although I was convinced it would have collapsed by now, I was in luck! I grabbed a few photos from the road .....because there's a large gate blocking the property and there were three foot snow-drifts. But anyway, today I had the chance to "play" with the digital photos a bit. I like how they turned out. (One day I'm going to have to get myself a colour printer.)



And of course, here's an unaltered photo.

3 comments:

Clive said...

Happy new year Suzanne...spooky images. The old Nelvana photos brought back waves of nostalgia; thanks for posting, great pleasure to see those guys again.

Willy Ashworth said...

Happy New Year suzanne

You gotta love photoshop. I find it quite addictive. I love taking shots of old houses as well. These are really nice.

Love the cakes!

I'd DIE laughing if someone gave me a coffin cake. I'd be coffin up cake, I'd be laughing so hard.

I'll stop now.

Suzanne Dargie said...

Thanks for the New Years wishes! Aren't old dilapidated houses fascinating? I found out quite a few photographers are into them!

One of these days I'm going to do a post of some more cakes I've made in the past. I've become a "Cake Wrecks" addict! (Mine aren't wrecks by the way) Genni Selby had me make two cakes for her daughter's birthdays.